Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Shameful Consequence by Carol Marinelli.


Back of the Book

Nico Eliades is back on the idyllic Greek island of Xanos to uncover long-buried family secrets. He can't help but notice a bride in a crumpled wedding dress sitting on the steps of his hotel.

Constantine's orchestrated marriage is over before the wedding night. A humiliated virgin bride, she longs to feel desired, and at Nico's skilled hands she experiences white-hot passion.

But their one night brings more than just shame on Constantine and her family…. Constantine has no choice but to reveal her bombshell to Nico—yet still her fingers tremble as she dials the number for Eliades Enterprises….

My Thoughts:

Wow, what can I say about Nico that will sum him up in a tidy package.....ARROGANT PIG?  Not exactly. I found him to be very cold by not acknowledging his child til the end.  That did not sit will with me. Also, I was hoping there would be more of a "showdown" between Nico and his adoptive parents but that didn't happen.  

Constantine on the other hand, started out as a beautiful creature but ended up as an overweight, single mother.  I wanted to see a bit more fire from her.  Instead of relaxing at Nico's house, I was hoping she would leave with the baby to force Nico to acknowledge the baby's existense.

Overall a good plot but I was disappointed as the final story.......it felt rushed! I'm giving this 2 stars but will read the next in the series.

6 comments:

Libby said...

Hi Evy! I just tried to leave some comments at your other book blog, but I could not because the comment form is not working right...

This review is really good - I think that I would have the same reaction to these characters!

Islandgirl Evy said...

Libby, wow, thannks for commenting. Havent been checking since summer but promise to visit more often.

Unknown said...

nice blog,,need to put some extra effort on other blogs also.
JOB SEARCH

Unknown said...

really impressive site,,i liked to make this type of site in future.
Miami jeep

firebrandsocialmedia said...

This post is very interesting, thanks for this post
social network marketing

halloween said...

I really got to know a lot more from it.. I am a wondered for good knowledge here and there this blog very sportive for me every point of view.
toga costume