Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Terracotta Army

So I finally took 2 days off to enjoy the Spring Break holidays with my lovely kids......not! They were driving me crazy at home so I had to get out. On Thursday we went to see the Terracotta Army which are the Terracotta Warriors and Horses of Qin Shi Huang the First Emperor of China. I stood in awe amidst the various pieces that were on display at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta............amazing I thought to myself. This once great man decided that he wants to have soldiers to protect him in the afterlife so he built a Terracotta army. In so doing, Qin Shi Huang (Emperor) was able to introduce the "assembly line". The workers formed a line and worked on different parts of the body before finally putting the pieces together to make warriors and horses. He held the higher ranking workers accountable for the final products by "stamping" each product with their initials; introducing what we know today as foreman/supervisor.......you catch my drift. It was amazing and I will put pictures up as soon as I get a chance.

No comments: